Image selection

mazzapaolo mazzapaolo at libero.it
Wed Aug 13 10:09:00 EDT 2003

Please consider these steps,  Using Rev 2.0.2 on Mac OSX

if...
I select a portion of an image  (with a transparent background) using
the select tool (from the paint tool palette)
I move the selected area around the image
I click the mouse to deselect
  .... that  portion of image is pasted and it maintains a  transparent
background .

THAT IS OK.

On the contrary, if ...
I select a portion of an image  (with a transparent background) using
the select tool
I choose "Copy image selection" from the "Edit" menu
I choose "Paste" from the "Edit" menu
  .... that  portion of image is pasted but it gets a white background .
That portion of image is not transparent anymore...
WHY? THAT IS NOT OK.

How can I copy an image selection and paste it maintaining a
transparent background?

Please, I badly need this. Can you help me on this?

Best regards,

Paolo Mazza