New user

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Aug 11 12:43:00 EDT 2003

Hello Giles, and welcome to the UseRev list,

> From: "Giles Wheatley" <giles.wheatley at openspark.com>
> Subject: New user
> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:37:51 +0100

SNIP
> I am an experienced programmer but need to quickly
> get an understanding of how things should hang together.
>
> Any pointers to documentation or examples would be appreciated.
----------
I apologize if you've already done some of what I suggest, but read on.

Under the 'Help' menu is 'Revolution Documentation'  (cmd/?). When that
opens, under 'Using Revolution' you'll find 'Development Guide' and
'Transcript Dictionary'. These are the two main sources of documentation for
Rev.

However, as has been suggested in another thread, I recommend you go through
the sample stack 'Employee Database'.

Under the Rev Documentation, click on Tutorials as you did before. On the
next screen, click on 'Independent Study'. ***Read through it.** When you
get to page 13, you'll see a new button appear on the bottom called 'Open
Example' which will open the 'Employee Database' stack.

The tutorial will take you through it. You'll learn most of the basics of
Rev there.

HTH,
Ken N.