Revolution speed sucks?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Mon Aug 11 10:40:01 EDT 2003

Richard,

I wrote it as a MetaTalk script: that is, no GUI. It writes the results
to a file. The main benefit that this ignores is the ability to
pre-compile the script (which stacks do every time you save a script).
When I pasted the same script into a button in the GUI (still no
display, just running the script inside of the GUI) it ran about 10-20%
faster.

Neither test was quite as fast as the Perl script, although it was
pretty close. My guess is that for the basic operations it was
performing (string manipulations, reading/writing to files) both
languages are pretty fast.

Brian