Externals [was: How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle? ]

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri Aug 8 20:06:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

>If this doesn't work, you might try setting to
>"./Contents/MacOS/revvideograbber.bundle
>Relative paths can be handy here.
Won´t work. When trying to load the externals the defaultfolder is outside
of the app bundle (is it called package in english? It is Paket in german)
So this would expect the external in a nasty little folder called
contents/MacOS/ which lives next door to myapp.app This folder doesn´t exist
so revvideograbber.bundle can´t be found. :-)
(I created one, nasty monster... Guess I need some sleep)
>Of course on Windows and Linux you'll have to store this somewhere
>else, as there is no bundle. I don't think there's any way you'll be
>able to distribute a single file on these platforms: the videograbber
>would have to be added to the core engine for that.

Sounds good. Same *should* work for 9. It does when the external is not
called from a referenced substack. If it´s a referenced stack it breaks...
That´s only the experience I have made with my teststacks and maybe it was
me doing something terrebly wrong.

>You can always create a "Support Files" folder, or something like that
>alongside the app- no need to leave the external naked, and you can
>throw other resources such as upgradable stacks, images, audio, etc in
>there also.

Thats what I´m trying to do
No Problem for extra stacks images movies and all kind of stuff I need but
when it comes to externals it´s not as easy as I´m used to enjoy. :-)

Regards,

Malte