I speak German, so I think that I can't use Revolution, merde :-)

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Fri Aug 8 18:53:00 EDT 2003

Hi all

>> Same with MetaCard so this is definitively a HEAVY BUG in the engine.
>> Big fun...
>>
>> Please bug-report this to "bugzilla"...
>>
>> Until this will get fixed, the only workaround will be to not use
>> accents and
>> umlauts and special chars... :-(

> Is reported already and is being fixed. The problem was that when we went to
> Mach-O architecture, we had to use UTF-8 for file names. Therefore
> internally we have to convert from Mac/ISO to UTF-8 when specifying file
> names and vice versa when getting filenames.
>
> So please be patient, developing a dynamic rad tool which supports all
> platforms and
> all languages in the world is not an easy task for any development team.
>
> Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
> Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought

Just to speak in Tuviah's defense, and to encourage the use of bugzilla - I
have pushed as hard as anyone to solve these kind of problems with RR/MC
concerning the CJK (chinese/japanese/korean) language groups. I have started
using bugzilla and it is very encouraging to see each reported bug in turn
get squashed, or at least officially acknowleged. The team is doing a good
job in moving in this direction and while it is frustrating not to be able
to do certain things now, I feel confident we will be able to in the future.
Until then, report the bugs, provide good information and wait.

my 2 yen

Ron