Revolution speed sucks?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Thu Aug 7 17:17:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 10:01  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> - Unless a lengthy operation also needs to process system messages, use
> "lock messages" before the operation and "unlock messages" when it's
> done.

Richard, the Rev docs mentions "lock messages" but not in the context
of optimization. I understand that by cutting out getprop/setprop
calls, things could go faster. Anything else it does? Can you give an
example of when it wouldn't be safe to use lock messages?

Thanks,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com