How do I stop app's files from being opened by Rev?

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu Aug 7 10:18:02 EDT 2003

Jacqueline,

I'm familiar enough with the Mac to know how to use ResEdit to change
type/creator codes so the problem is really on the Windows side of
things. The extension change seems to be the best answer (it does work)
as long as I call the stack in my code (go stack "myStack") instead of
the file containing it (go stack "myStack.rev") or change the extension
in my code (go stack "myStack.xxx").

It's funny how Rev permits you to refer to the file as the stack.
That's not a complaint. What I love about Rev (and it's what I loved
about HyperCard) is its ability to deal with synonyms in its code. It's
the closest thing to the "do what I mean" button.

Of course, this ability to use sloppy code can (and does) create issues.

Regards,
Barry