How do I stop app's files from being opened by Rev?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Aug 6 18:33:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 04:08  PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> I've created a standalone app with two other stacks that "belong" to
> that app. I'd like to prevent Rev from opening either of those two
> files. In fact, Furthermore, I want those files to be opened by the
> standalone procedurally from within the app and -not- by a
> double-click on either file.
>
> I can't make these two stacks sub-stacks as information contained
> within the stacks must be modfied and saved periodically.
>
> I'm guessing that, on the Mac, I'd drop the two apps inside the
> "package" of the app. I remember seeing a reference how to do this in
> the list and I'll search for it.

I think that by putting the file into the application bundle it's kind
of "off-limits" and if the user double-clicks it that's their problem.

> On Windows, I haven't a clue. I don't want to change which program
> opens the file because that seems to change it for all Rev files on
> the drive. As I said, I want to control what gets opened and when from
> within the main app.

Toss it into System/Win32 isn't that what everyone else does? Kind of
joking. There is probably somewhere safe under UserName/Documents and
Settings/Application Data/YourSoftwareName/

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com