How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 6 14:11:01 EDT 2003

On 8/6/03 8:58 AM, Malte Brill wrote:

> I tried setting the externals of the stack at runtime in the openstack
> handler.
> (looked for the first item of the effective filename that has .app as the
> last four chars, then took that item, added
> "/Contents/Resources/revvideograbber.bundle" to it and then set the
> externals of that stack to the result...)
>
> Refuses to work...

The only handler that works to set the externals property is the
"startup" handler. Nothing else will work. But usually you don't have to
do that. Set the property once during development and save the stack.
The property setting is permanent and will remain.

You should use relative paths to the external, so that you don't have to
know the name of the standalone. When working in OS X, remember that the
path is always relative to the application bundle, not the actual engine
that is embedded deep within the Contents folder. A relative path for an
OS X standalone external would be:

   myExternal.bundle

provided the external is in the same folder as the app. If the external
is located inside the MacOS folder which is inside the Contents folder,
the relative path would be:

  myApp.app/Contents/MacOS/myExternal.bundle

The path you mention above would also work, if you want to keep the
external inside the Resources folder instead, but you need to add
"myApp.app/" in front of it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com