How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle?

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Wed Aug 6 09:06:00 EDT 2003

Alex Rice wrote:

>It possible. And I've posted about this before :-) I'm doing it this
>way with revxml.bundle and revclips.bundle.

>1) Set the externals property of your stack to refer to the new path,
>relative to your app's executable:

>--msg box
>set the externals of this stack to
>"your.app/Contents/Resources/revxml.bundle"

>2) Build standalone and copy the revvideograbber.bundle into
>your.app/Contents/Resources.

>It's not necessary to pick the video grabber on the Inclusions tab of
>the distribution builder.

>Library bundles should always go inside the app bundle and hopefully
>Rev will do it that way in the future.

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your assistance. :-)
Today I had the time to fiddle around with this.
It works great, but renaming the app´s executable breaks it. :-(

I tried setting the externals of the stack at runtime in the openstack
handler.
(looked for the first item of the effective filename that has .app as the
last four chars, then took that item, added
"/Contents/Resources/revvideograbber.bundle" to it and then set the
externals of that stack to the result...)

Refuses to work...

Any ideas?

Regards,

Malte