Arrays and custom properties

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Aug 5 18:27:01 EDT 2003

> On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 01:49 PM, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> If you only store data in that stack, you can simply access these
>> (custom props etc...) by
>> passing the filename like:

>> set the uCData[tCustID,"name"] of stack "path to your/stack.rev"  to
>> fld "customerName"
>
> I think I have been doing this the hard way.  Could you elaborate?
>
> Dar Scott

The trick he's using there is referring to the stack by it's filename
instead of it's name. Similarly you can do "go stack filename" as well
as "go stack name"

However, it's roughly 25% slower to use the filename form of set the
uCData[...] of stack "filename", instead of having the stack open
already, by "go invisible", and then referring to it like set
uCData[...] of stack "name"

Or do you mean the syntax of "the cPropSetName[arrayKey] of stack" is
what' you haven't been doing?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com