rtftext and matchChunk

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sun Aug 3 16:29:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 11:21  AM, Peterson Trethewey wrote:

> Looks like the regular expression "\s" doesn't match
> whitespace that comes from rtf text.  Okay, that
> problem is specific enough that I can work around it.

Looks like matchText does work OK for spaces in the rtftext, but
newlines are encoded as a new paragraph and a tab is encoded as the
escape sequence "\'09".  I am guessing the regex engine has no concept
of RTF so you would have to replaceText those things first.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com