Styled Text, htmlText and Variables

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Wed Apr 30 19:30:01 EDT 2003

Hi Edwin

I do this kind of thing all the time with a repeat loop and
replace/replacetext as suggested by Björnke. I add html encoding to the
variable in the loop. It sounds like you are changing things in the fld?
How?

if the author is item one in a list then:

repeat for each line l in thetext
put "<b>" & item 1 of l & "</b>" & item 2 to number of items of l & return
after newtext
end repeat

set the htmltext of fld 1 to newtext

Is this the kind of thing you are doing?