File/Folder Selection Behavior on Windows

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 04:41:01 EDT 2003

--- Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> > > 1) Being able to select multiple files when
> using
> > > answer file
>
> > The 'answer file' dialog box simply doesn't alloow
> > this under Windows -- and I can't think of any
> > platform that allows this behaviour.
>
> Actually, Jan, it is pretty common in Windows; in
> fact, you can open
> Word and choose "Open" and select multiple Word
> files to open. However
> as you mentioned, what is really needed is a good
> custom version of the
> file/folder selection dialog to allow for this kind
> of thing.
>
> Ken Ray

Heh, I guess this shows my mind is still stuck in
following the 'classic' Mac Human Interface Guidelines
-- that's what happens when you work for years with
tools that aren't quite in sync with the latest
UI-developments : FoxBase, FoxPro, Progress -- thank
goodness I've got RunRev now ;-)

Jan Schenkel.

=====