Modal Box

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Apr 29 09:40:01 EDT 2003

>Message: 6
>Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:38:54 +0200
>From: Wilhelm Sanke <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de>
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>Subject: Re: Modal Box
>
>On Mon, 28 Apr 2003  Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:
>(snip)
>

>  >
>>  Thanks Wilhelm,
>>
>>  That was the problem.
>>
>>  Revolution is serious about the location for the dialog box on Mac
>>  OS. Not only are there the lines you mention in the preOpenStack
>>  script:
>>
>>     " case "MacOS"
>>      set the loc of this stack to the screenloc"
>>      set the top of this stack to round(item 4 of the screenRect/5)"
>>
>>  But again at the end of the preOpenStack it repeated just to be sure:
>>
>  >      "if the platform is "MacOS" then set the top of this stack to
>  > round(item 4 of the screenRect/5)"
>>
>>  There are similar constraints in the "ask" dialog stack.
>>
>>  Jim
>>
>Jim,
>
>commenting the above scriptlines of the Rev Answer dialog did not help,
>this case seems to be more complicated than expected.
>There is a duplicate of the script stored as a custom property, a
>scriptchecksum property etc. The Rev home stack is "invisible" and
>password protected, so there is less possibility to customize your own
>environment with Revolution than with Metacard.

Wilhelm,

Did you also comment the line:

if the platform is "MacOS" then set the top of this stack to
round(item 4 of the screenRect/5)

It appears at the very end of the preopenstack script in answer dialog.

The following  works (sort of) for me:

on mouseUP
   lock screen
   go to stack "answer dialog"
   set the loc of stack "answer dialog" to 100,200
   answer "Now where am I?"
   unlock screen
end mouseUP

But there is a problem: The dialog stack flashes on the screen
(despite the lock screen) and then the dialog box opens. Can't find a
way to prevent this.

Jim

>Message: 10
>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:25:16 +1000
>Subject: Re: Modal Box
>From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Hi Wilhelm,
>
>I couldn't access your FTP server, but I am also interested in

snip

>Cheers,
>Sarah
>sarahr at genesearch.com.au
>http://www.troz.net/Rev/
>
><

Sarah,

I had trouble with  the FTP reference too. Every  time I double
clicked the reference, my  Mac locked up. Try just copying the
reference

ftp://ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de/pub/uni-kassel/Zentraler.Medienbereich/Sanke/Metacard/MetacardPractice/

and pasting it into the address line of your browser. That worked for me.

Jim