".app" packages for OSX?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Apr 27 18:46:01 EDT 2003

At 11:56 AM -0700 4/27/03, Barry Levine wrote:
>Just wondering if Rev2 will provide the ability to "package up" my app
>and its resources? It would seem that an app's stacks (including ones
>you could write to) and required multimedia resources might be placed
>inside a .app package and provide a means to glom everything together
>for distribution.

Rev 2.0 builds OS X applications as a package, so this will be possible.

(The Distribution Builder doesn't automatically place external files inside
the package, but you can do this yourself after the app is built, as long
as you've set all the pathnames correctly beforehand.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/