Modal Box

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Apr 27 14:50:03 EDT 2003

On  Sun, 27 Apr 2003  Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote (Jean
Servant offline likewise):

> Wilhelm,
>
> Why doesn't this work for me? On my Mac OS 8.6, the modal box opens
> position. It then moves to the "set loc position" at 700,100. But
> when "answer" is called, the box reverts to the  default position
> again. It appears that the change in the default position doesn't
> take.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Jim

Hi Jim and Jean,

the handler

"lock screen
  go to stack "answer dialog"
  set the loc of stack "answer dialog" to 700,100 # or other
  answer "Is this the new loc?"
  unlock screen"

works for me here in Metacard 2.5 both with Windows and MacOS 9.2.2.
Same for Revolution 1.1.1 under Windows.

You are right that it does not work with Revolution (1.1.1) on MacOS

The cause is - as I see now - that the card handler of the Revolution
"Answer dialog" has the line

"case "MacOS"
set the loc of this stack to the screenloc"
set the top of this stack ..."

Two solutions that come to my mind

1. clone the answer dialog and remove the above script lines; then
substitute the Rev "Answer Dialog" with your corrected stack (I did not
try this so far).

2. Ask the Revolution people to remove those lines.

I did not look at the script of the other custom dialogs of Revolution;
maybe they have these script lines, too?

Of course they would be no such problems with your own modal dialogs.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke