Bringing fields to front

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Apr 26 20:06:02 EDT 2003

In SuperCard, I'm assuming you'd select the field you wanted and do
"bringfront"? If Rev, all objects have a layer property that governs
their stacking order. To change the order, you simply need to change the
layer of the object you want to bring to the front. Layer 1 is the
"back-most", and you can't layer something to a number larger than the
total number of objects. So I just pick a REALLY large number, like:

  set the layer of <objectDescriptor> to 10000

and it automatically is brought to the front and assigned the maximum
number it can for the number of objects on the screen. Note that you
don't have to have the object selected to issue this command, so you
don't need to switch tools.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com