Help With Beta of RunRev Book

Dan Shafer dan at danshafer.com
Thu Apr 24 13:52:05 EDT 2003

I am in the process of adapting my best-selling "HyperTalk Programming"
title to Runtime Revolution 2.0. My plan is to offer an eBook
optionally combined with a members-only Web site where
subscriber/members will get regular updates and new chapters as well as
access to discussion boards, their own blogs to discuss RR issues and
designs, etc.

I would like to recruit a few people who would agree to be beta
readers/testers as this project unfolds over the next 90 days. What I'd
ask is:

1. Read each chapter as soon after I send it to you as possible. I want
to keep total turnaround time per chapter under a week if I can.
2. Give me honest feedback on each chapter.
3. Tell me particularly where I'm stuck in HyperCard and not doing
things in a Revolutionary way.

Likely I'll set this up as a discussion-style board where all of those
involved in the beta can exchange ideas with each other, thus
multiplying the effect and value of the feedback.

In return, I'll acknowledge your role and give you a free lifetime
subscription to the book/site.

Please email me off-list if you're interested and available to do this.
My guess is it will involve 2-6 hours per week over the course of the
next 75 days or so.
Dan Shafer
Technology Visionary - Technology Assessment - Documentation
"Looking at technology from every angle"
http://www.eclecticity.com