Terminal commands from Rev?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Thu Apr 24 11:09:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 08:50  AM, Barry Levine wrote:

> I've been playing around a bit in the OSX Terminal issuing some
> command lines. It occurred to me (doh!) that there is probably a means
> to automate this through a Rev interface but without actually exposing
> the Terminal app. Am I thinking correctly here? If so, perhaps there's
> a lista who might point me to an example stack whose guts I might
> examine?
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

See shell() command in the Docs. However, shell() doesn't work on OS w/
1.1.1. :-/

There is a javascript workaround in the list archives:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/2002-May/001590.html

function shellSH cmd
    -- Sorry, no quote marks in cmd in this version
    -- And shellCommand is ignored
    put "do shell script" & quote & cmd & quote into s
    do s as AppleScript
    put result() into r
    replace numToChar(13) with linefeed in r
    return r
end shellSH

> PS - Still using v1.1.1; patiently waiting for 2.0 to emerge from beta.

2.0 is going to be cool beans.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com