open file and filepaths

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Apr 24 03:34:23 EDT 2003

At 6:35 PM -0700 4/19/03, Neil Phillips wrote:
>I'm having trouble getting Revolution to open a file in the folder I want
>instead of the default folder conataining the Revolution. I am also having
>trouble reading anything from that file. I am sure the problem lies with
>the file path but all my experiments fail. I think that if I had a full
>file path I could see where I'm going wrong. Could somebody post an example.

A quick way to see a file path is to enter this in the message box:

  answer file "Pick a file:";put it

This puts the absolute path of the file you picked in the message box. You
can do this with several files to get a better idea of how file paths work.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/