unexpected messages

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Apr 23 11:29:00 EDT 2003

At 8:08 AM -0700 4/23/03, Bob Rasmussen wrote:
>Also, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote
>> I bet it has something to do with changes in the new engine.  A
>> mouseEnter/mouseLeave message is now sent when moving a control or
>> changing a control's visibility if the control is located at the current
>> mouseLoc. I wonder if an extra mousemove gets sent as well.
>
>That would explain it.  Where do you get such information?

Jacque may have read the release notes:

---
Revolution now sends mouseEnter and mouseLeave messages to objects that are
shown or hidden while the mouse pointer is over them, and to objects when a
handler moves them underneath the current mouse position.
---

In general, I very much recommend that people scan the release notes when
they get a new build. The notes on new features and fixes are lengthy, but
it's worthwhile to read them - even if you don't remember a particular
change when you run into a consequence like this, you may very well recall
that "something changed with that" and be able to look it up.

You can find them in "What's New" and "Read Me First" in the Revolution
folder, or in the Encyclopedia under "What's new in version x.x".

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/