RevRotatePoly

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Apr 23 01:41:32 EDT 2003

At 9:44 PM -0700 4/22/03, David Kwinter wrote:
>Ken, it seems we're dealing with another bug, which requires one to use:
>
>put "graphic "&quote&"myGraphic"&quote into x
>revRotatePoly x, 90
>
>-------Instead of-------
>
>revRotatePoly graphic "myGraphic", 90

IT'S NOT A BUG.

Sorry. It's not a bug. For revRotatePoly, you need to provide, not a
graphic reference, but an expression that evaluates to a graphic reference.
This was not clear in the docs but it will be corrected in the 2.0 docs.
(This is similar to what you need to do for revPrintField.)

-----
Important!  The revRotatePoly command does not accept direct graphic
references. For example, the following statement causes an error message:

  revRotatePoly graphic "My Graphic",45 -- CAN'T USE THIS FORM

Instead, use a form that evaluates to a graphic reference, like this:

  revRotatePoly the name of graphic "My Graphic",90 -- use this form
  revRotatePoly ("field" && quote & "My Field" & quote),22 -- or this
---

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/