grow window from bottom

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Apr 22 03:33:01 EDT 2003

**********
> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:39:49 +1000
> Subject: Re: grow window from bottom
> From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> If you reset the height & loc, you will find that the window's centre
> is in the same place but it has grown at the top & bottom, which is not
> what Steve was after (although it may be what you need). I prefer to
> store the topLeft, then I can resize both width & height before
> restoring the topleft.
----------
I guess I used the wrong, uh, syntax when I made the statement. I didn't
mean to insinuate I was restoring anything, but I was wrong anyway. What I
meant was setting the 'height' to a + number twice the value of the - top
number. But that's silly too. Here's the way to do it:

on mouseUp
  repeat 30 -- or whatever number you like
    get the rect of stack "Practice1"
    subtract 1 from item 2 of it
    set the rect of stack "Practice1" to it
  end repeat