Hide/Show objects - speed issue

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Apr 19 23:52:01 EDT 2003

**********
> Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:50:14 -0600
> Subject: Hide/Show objects - speed issue
> From: Barry Levine <themacguy at macosx.com>
>
> I have a number of image objects that I need to hide and show at
> particular times. What would be the most rapid method of doing so?
> Currently I'm calling a separate script in my stack which locks the
> screen, sets the visible of the images to false (using a loop), and
> unlocks the screen. Even so, it seems to take about two seconds to hide
> six images. Any ideas?
Processor speed aside, if you are showing /hiding six images simultaneously,
why can't you make a single image of all six and hide/show just the one?

If you need to handle them separately, then keep the six separate images for
that.

If that won't work either, try using image names or variables as message
parameters...might speed things up a bit.

HTH,
Ken N.