Where'd the handler go?

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Fri Apr 18 13:35:00 EDT 2003

>Message: 5
>Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:29:31 -0600
>Subject: Re: Where'd the handler go?
>From: Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com>
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

>On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 03:18  AM, Cubist at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>     I have one simple question: What the [expletive deleted] is going
>>  *on*
>>  here?
>
>In my experience this kind of behavior means that there is an error in
>the stack script and your handler isn't getting compiled. Occasionally
>Rev will just silently continue if there are script errors. Not sure
>what the conditions are for that. Maybe try quitting out of Rev and
>reopening the stack.
>
>Alex Rice, Software Developer
>Architectural Research Consultants, Inc.
>alrice at ARCplanning.com
>alrice at swcp.com

It took me a while to discover this behavior that Alex has pointed
out; it was very confusing. Sometimes, when I get the "can't find the
handler" error message, I locate the handler and change it in some
trivial way, maybe just add a space between a couple of words and
then recompile. This will often reveal the script error.

I am pleased to say that I have found 2.0 to be quite solid on my machine.

Jim