DOS commands, attrib

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Fri Apr 18 10:35:00 EDT 2003

[snip]

> David G. wrote:
> >>>
> If I put it in a preopenstack handler:-
>
> on preopenstack
> blah blah blah
> If the platform is "Win32" then get shell ("attrib -r" && tFileName)
> blah blah
> end preopenstack
>
> will it matter that it is run every time despite the property only
> actually
> needing to be set once?
> <<<

Mr. G.,

No harm done in running your shell command multiple times, even when the
attribute was previously set. Be sure to use the full path as well. You
might also want to check the value returned by the result function to ensure
there was no error (returns empty if no errors) when the command executed.

miscdas