Where'd the handler go?

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 05:22:00 EDT 2003

   Okay: I've got this HyperCard stack. It works just fine in HC... but when
I import the sucker into MetaCard, I get all sorts of interesting errors,
including "Handler: Can't find the handler". This error pops up in a handler
in a card script, which calls a handler in the stack script. Again, the stack
works just fine in HyperCard -- but MC, for whatever reason, just can't seem
to remember where the bloody handler in the bloody stack script is. It's a
simple, plain vanilla, generic, garden-variety example of letting a message
fall thru the heirarchy so's it can get intercepted by the stack script...
but MC doesn't like it.
   Tried altering the name of the handler in question, in case I'd
accidentally used an MC reserved word -- no joy. Tried to call the "lost"
handler from the message box -- same (lack of) results.
   If the MC documentation contains any info which might be helpful in
identifying and/or solving this problem, I haven't been able to find it;
thus, this email.
   I have one simple question: What the [expletive deleted] is going *on*
here?