Up/Down Arrows

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 14:22:31 EDT 2003

--- Jez <jbradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I find it frustrating that moving the selection on a
> list field via the
> up/down buttons does not naturally fire
> SelectionChanged. But I can force it
> by adding the handler:
>
> on rawKeyUp keycode
>   send SelectionChanged to me
> end rawKeyUp
>
> (I could actually check the keycode but I rarely
> bother)
>
> My problem is, my list worked fine until I put it in
> a group, whereupon my
> up/down keys no longer change the selection. It
> still fires rawKeyUp but
> since the selection point is not moved effectively
> nothing happens. What can
> I do ?

Hi Jez,

If you want a script that checks the relevant key
codes, have a look at this entry in the WIKI :
http://wiki.macitworks.com/revdocs/2674

Apart from the fact that you're never passing the
rawKeyDown in the script above, I'd say you need to
take a look at the group's traversalOn and
tabGroupBehaviour properties.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====