problems recording sound

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Tue Apr 15 08:29:12 EDT 2003

 > Also, when I record using the "record sound file" syntax, the
resulting
 > file often is scrambled, with the file severely truncated and even
 > out-of-sequence.  For instance, if I count from 1 to 10, the file
might
 > play back as "6-7-8-9-2-3".  Weird!

Kevin,
This morning I could not recreate the problem, above.  I kept changing
the compression type through the "answer record" dialog and then
recording a sample file.  Eventually I was unable to record a file using
the following settings:

Qualcomm PureVoice
8 kHz
Mono
(options set as default PureVoice Full rate)

The file is always truncated after < 1 second.

I have not rebooted my computer since yesterday.  Is it possible that
my particular hardware (2002 flat-panel iMac 800 mHz) doesn't fully
support all of the options listed through QT, and the above set in
particular?

[If this problem is not experienced by anyone else, we can take it
off-list]

-Kurt