binfile and custom properties

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Mon Apr 14 16:51:01 EDT 2003

This is my first attempt at using custom properties, but I have read on the
list that it is possible to store binary data this way. I think it is
partialy working, but is not being saved as a component of the stack. I
want to do this so my app can be self-contained (no external files). Here
is my script:

on mouseUp
  put "C:/PDF_Files/masterForm.pdf" into masterPDFpath
  put URL ("binfile:"&masterPDFpath) into masterPDFvariable
  set the customPropertySet of stack "myStack" to myPDFs
  set the customProperties of stack "myStack" to myPDFs
  put masterPDFvariable into myPDFs[masterPDFform]
  save this stack
  answer myPDFs[masterPDFform]
end mouseUp

"answer myPDFs[masterPDFform]" returns the binary data the first time
through, but if I comment out all but the last line (the answer command),
it returns nothing even though I save the stack after putting the data into
a custom property. Do you see what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com