Problem: clipboardData-paste of images

Tanaka tanaka at csl.sony.fr
Mon Apr 14 08:10:01 EDT 2003

I did a simple test to duplicate an image on a new card:

on mouseup
   set the clipboardData["image"] to image "myimage"
   put it into field "myfield"
   create card
   paste
   put it
end mouseup

The pasted image has the wrong dimensions: the image looks the same,
but it has a transparent border around it and it's actual dimensions
shown in the Inspector are the same dimensions as the target card.

A second problem is that I am not able to use "it" to get the name of
the pasted image.

This was done using Revolution 2.0b2 on Mac OS X 10.2.3
Running the same stack on Linux (Mandrake 8.2) w/ Revolution 2.0b1 -
the pasted image is a negative of the original image. Then upon
closing the card and opening again, the image is completely
transparent.

I have put a stack demonstrating this at
http://www.xmira.com/revolution/imagecopy.rev.zip

My idea was to have a database of photos in one stack, where each
photo is on a separate card.
I wanted to create a substack that was a single card of thumbnails of
the photos.

Atau Tanaka