OT: MacWorld UK doesn't honor programming tools

Ro Nagey ro.nagey at verizon.net
Sun Apr 13 14:29:04 EDT 2003

If MacWorld is an advocate of the Macintosh world [kind of
obvious...but...], then you would think they'd talk more about tools
like Revolution. Beyond its ease of use, speed, and robustness, it also
answers an 'objection' that people on other platforms use: "Why develop
on the Mac? It's only 4% of the market!"

Revolution, as well as other programs, let you Write-Once
Run-Everywhere...without resorting to the opaqueness of other
implementations...AND you get to develop on a Mac [which means your
machine doesn't crash every 15 minutes! ;) ].

And, the other point, is that Revolution, while providing everything a
power programmer would want, follows the tradition that it can also be
used productively "out of the box" by the novice programmer. I would
bet there are people on this list who wouldn't have become programmers
without having the ease of use of the xTalk languages.

Beyond all that, the Mac is a serious development platform - and
MacWorld is ignoring that. It's covering 'programming tools' for
graphics and the Web, but not on creation of new programs.

And, that, I believe, is why MacWorld UK should look at programming
languages.

Ro