ANSWER FOLDER

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Apr 11 00:54:01 EDT 2003

Kevin-

If you're calling GetOpenFileName() then you can put a pointer in
OPENFILENAME.lpStrInititialDir to the location of the default
directory. I usually store these in the registry after the user has
made a selection and then pick them up the next time.

in Borland C++ Builder you specify:
  OpenDialog->InitialDir = "c:\\rootdir\\subdir";
  OpenDialog->FileName = defaultFileName;
or if you're clever and store them in the registry:
  // read the registry entries
  OpenDialog->InitialDir = regKey.ReadString(kLastDir);
  OpenDialog->FileName = regKey.ReadString(kLastFile);

but you can stuff the pointer into the OPENFILENAME structure by hand
if you want to.

-Mark Wieder