ANSWER FOLDER

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Thu Apr 10 10:00:01 EDT 2003

On 10/4/03 1:54 pm, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
<Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com> wrote:

>> Thus we can't support it.  A workaround would be to create our own dialog,
>> but the drawback would be that it wouldn't look like a standard dialog, and
>> would need to be written from scratch.  I hope this better explains the
>> issue!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Kevin
>
> Do it.  (please). The drawbacks are minor when compared to the efficiency
> gains.

We have already.  Set the systemFileSelector property to false, then set the
defaultFolder, then use answer folder.  You get a custom answer folder
dialog pointing to the directory you want.  But it isn't very aesthetically
pleasing and making it such isn't on the to-do list for 2.0.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited: Software at the Speed of Thought
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.