Reading a database file

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Apr 7 21:49:01 EDT 2003

As it reads it into memory, your RAM is the limiting factor. If using
Mac OS 9, then the amount of RAM allocated to the Rev app will limit
it, otherwise, memory should get allocated automatically. I believe
there is a theoretical limit of 4 GB per field, but practically this is
not possible.

Note that if you want, you can read your file in chunks using the open,
read & close commands rather than the URL command.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/