Guess the name of my SQL cursor

Bob Rasmussen brasmussen at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 20:39:01 EDT 2003

I'd like to be able to use the "WHERE CURRENT OF <cursor_name>" clause in an SQL
update.  The first thing that occurred to me was to try using the cursor ID
returned by revdb_query as the required name, but that didn't work.  [FileMaker
ODBC Driver error: "Unable to locate SELECT statement with cursor named in this
statement's CURRENT-OF-CURSOR clause."]  Apparently the driver thinks there is a
cursor around somewhere willing to do the job, if only I knew its name (ala
Rumpelstiltskin).  There's an easy work-around, but I have a hunch that using an
existing cursor might yield better performance.  Has anyone given this any
thought?

RR