Poor man's encrypted data

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Apr 5 20:32:01 EST 2003

> So with that out of the way, we're back to the original question:
>  for what
> uses would a hard-to-break but not military-grade encryption be
> acceptable?

Hi Richard

I faintly remember that the password protection is 128 bit encryption so I
assume it's equivalent to SSL in it's strength. I think this is the reason
the US Government won't let MC/Rev be exported to some countries. I guess
the critical thing is that you make it difficult for someone to work out the
passkey. Once that's public then you offer no protection at all.

By the way I think Rev does this for their order form so that's one use.

Regards

Monte