unicode in 2.0

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Sat Apr 5 18:29:02 EST 2003

Hi Toma

I am using Japanese, Chinese and Korean in various formats but not Cyrillic
so I don't know if this will solve your problem or not. The Docs for
uniencode state: uniEncode(stringToEncode[,language]) The language is one of
the following: Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Chinese, SimpleChinese, Japanese,
Korean, ANSI, English, Roman, or Unicode.

so try this: set the unicodetext of fld 1 to uniencode(myCyrillictext,"utf")

it worked in pre-beta to convert Japanese UTF-8 but I don't know about
Cyrillic.

HTH
Ron