Collision detection: a comparison.

malte brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Mon Sep 30 02:42:01 EDT 2002

Hi Dar,

thanks for the leg up. Indeed, I checked the whole data after every move,
silly me.

>If pixel by pixel checking is too slow, you might roughly model
>each object with a small list of rectangles in a custom property.
>An overlap occurs if any rectangle from one's list overlaps one
>from the other.  This is n**2, so...

>How about limiting this to a few rectangles and then use the pixel
>method for within that?

That sounds very interesting, as it is what I am trying to do. Do you mind
giving me some pseudo-code, as I still loose hair on it. How would I define
these rectangles for usage with the pixel method? I still haven´t been
working much with custom properties, and I think I still don´t get the idea.

Thanks.

PS: My excuses to the list, for the wrong system time in my previous
posting. Seem as if my system battery is low. I synchronized with a time
server now, and hope it will work.

regards,

Malte