passing headers...help!

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 29 15:53:00 EDT 2002

Hi Bryan,

The code for getting the data from the html-page at
that exact url would be as simple as :

put URL
"http://www.cboe.com/Common/PageViewer.asp?HEAD=Market+Statistics+Summary&SEC=3&DIR=TTMDMarketStat&Calendar=1&Dy=26&Mo=9&Yr=2002"
into tHTMLData

You would then of course have to go through the
information you get, strip off the header information,
and work your way through the body.
If you would want the data of some other day, you
could try the result of :

put "29" into tDay
put "9" into tMonth
put "2002" into tYear
put URL
("http://www.cboe.com/Common/PageViewer.asp?HEAD=Market+Statistics+Summary&SEC=3&DIR=TTMDMarketStat&Calendar=1&Dy="
& tDay & "&Mo=" & tMonth & "&Yr=" & tYear) into
tHTMLData

Parsing the data to get your information out of it, is
a whole different set of fun. After having just had a
peek at the HTML-source from within IE, I'd suggest
you try something similar to:

put lineOffset("<pre", tHTMLData) + 1 into tFirstLine
put lineOffset("</pre", tHTMLData) - 1 into tLastLine
get line tFirstLine to tLastLine of tHTMLData

For this particular page, that should nicely split off
all the HTML-code and leave you with the data that
interests you.

If you're having problems getting the data, you might
follow Dave's suggestion to put a user-agent in the
header.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)