2Qs

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Sep 27 00:02:01 EDT 2002

At 2:47 PM -0700 9/26/2002, Ivers, Doug E wrote:
>I recently copied my stack dev. on Mac osX to Windows 2000.  (It's an
>uncompiled rev stack.)  In the custom properties, one of my property's
>value contained the option-8 bullet on the Mac, but this showed up as
>something else (yen symbol?) on the PC.  Do I have to do a conversion to
>avoid this?

Yes. (Unlike fields, custom properties aren't converted automatically,
because they can contain binary data and conversion would mess that up.)
Use the MacToISO function to convert from Mac to Windows/Unix:

  set the myCustomProp of this stack \
     to MacToISO(the myCustomProp of this stack)

>I also notice on Windows, that there is a dotted line around a button
>sometimes, usually the last button clicked.  How do I avoid this dotted
>line or script it away?

It's around the focused control and is a standard Windows feature. You can
get rid of it by turning off the button's traversalOn.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/