sort accent char correctly

Ludovic Thebault ludovic.thebault at laposte.net
Wed Sep 25 10:28:01 EDT 2002

> I know that topic was discussed a few days ago but I do not remenber
> how the problem was solved!
>

> In french, we love to use é ù à É À...
>
> But revolution sort 'Canon, Crayon, Câble' instead of 'Câble, Canon,
> Crayon'.
>

> How can I quickly obtain this result?

one solution :
create three variables,  the first without accents (with a conversion à
-> a, é -> e...), the second = the first
sort the second and create a third by comparaison between first and second!

like :
Original data:   first:     second:                  third:
Canon            Canon      Cable                    Câble
Crayon           Crayon     Canon                    Canon
Câble            Cable      Crayon (after sort)      Crayon