windows - macOs char problems

Sylvain Le Gourriérec sylvain.legourrierec at son-video.com
Wed Sep 25 08:52:01 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have a MySQL database. I develop some applications with revolution. Those applications have to run with windows and MacOS 9.2.

And of course, I have charset problems that I can't solve.

example:

win numToChar(160) is a space (I don't know the exact word, but I mean that you can't break it!)
I use it to update my database through my windows revolution application.
But if I load data from my database through my MacOS revolution application, this char is displayed as †

é --> È

â  --> ,

and so on...

How can I prevent that ?