FTP problem

Brendan Bonsack brendan at poolcreative.com
Tue Sep 24 07:16:01 EDT 2002

Hi List,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this problem...

I have the following script that attempts to send a jpeg via ftp to a
server.

on mouseUp
  global tUrl
  put
"ftp://me:mypassword@intranet.myserver.vic.edu.au/img/testfile.jpg" into

tUrl
  answer file  with filter "JPEGs,*.jpg"
  put URL "binfile:/"&it into tUploadData
  liburlftpupload url tUploadData,url tURL,"seeit"
end mouseUp

The same file works okay using other FTP apps, but with Revolution, the
file arrives at its destination, but is not a valid Jpeg and when opened

in a text editor, simply displays the local path as a string. Can anyone

see what is going wrong. I have tried various approaches but cannot get
it to FTP binary data it seems.

Cheers

Brendan