(OT) custom application icons for Mac OS X

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Mon Sep 23 21:05:00 EDT 2002

(I have read some recent posts concerning Mac OS X icons, but this
precise issue doesn't seem to have come up)
I am able to paste an image from the clipboard onto a RunRev
application via the app's Get Info window. I understand that this works
since RunRev apps are single files with resource forks, rather than
"packages".  Is the custom icon information kept with the app itself
and would it still appear on the desktop of someone else's computer
(assuming transfer as a sit.hqx archive, or using some other method
that retained the data fork info.)?

Thank you,
Kurt