can't play sounds from HC stack

mark mitchell cowhead at mac.com
Mon Sep 23 09:12:01 EDT 2002

EsaK wrote:

>> P.S. I'm on a PC, and don't own a Mac.
>
> Mee too. I have same problem.

Well, step 1 is admitting that it IS a problem, so you are already on
your way to a cure ;-)  Go for the twin gigahtz G4 if you've got the
cash, an iMac or eMac if you don't.

I suggest converting the sounds to SunAudio if you want to keep them
internal, or MP3 if you want to switch to a referenced media file and a
player.  If you had a Mac (:-)) there are some very good shareware
applications for doing the sound conversion.   With soundApp, you can
just drop the hypercard stack on it , and it will automatically convert
all the audio files contained within to the format of your choice.
SunAudio is compatible with windows and Mac, so its a good choice.
After you have converted all the sounds, use the "import all audio files
in folder" menu to put them all back in.

If you cannot find a decent audioconverter for windows and its just a
one-shot deal, I can easily do the conversion for you if you send me the
stack.  If you are going to be doing a lot of this, of course you need
to get your own fishing pole.

mark mitchell
Japan