(no subject)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Sep 21 18:36:01 EDT 2002

At 12:15 PM -0700 9/20/2002, Jerry Thomas wrote:
>Are additional pattern backgrounds avaiable for Revolution? There are
>backgrounds available in the color pallete but they are from the days when
>16/256 color was all that was available. I'm looking for something kinder
>and gentler -- Clouds, a pale off white soft texture, something easier on
>the eyes and brain.
>Any suggestions, And if I can get something else, how do I get it into
>Revolution.  I have some great tiled bitmaps that work well in other
>programs.

Nothing built in, but you should be able to find something suitable on a
clip-art CD, I'd think.

Once you have a file with the pattern you want to use, just import it into
a stack. Revolution can use any image in any loaded stack as a tiled
background pattern - just set the backgroundPattern of the object to the ID
of the image. (You can import it into the stack where you want to use it,
then hide the image so it's not in the way. Or you can create a substack
and place any images you use in the substack for easier access. The
substack is always available whenever the main stack is open, even if the
substack window isn't open, so such an image can always be used.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/