Some help needed!

Robin Banerjee robinb at cogs.susx.ac.uk
Fri Sep 20 07:03:01 EDT 2002

I hope someone can help me with two problems with a stack that I am
creating.  I am fairly new to Runtime Revolution though I have used
Hypercard in the past.

The problems relate to the fact that I intend to run a stack on several
different machines.  The problems are:

1) How can I ensure that if I need to resize the stack all buttons, objects,
font size etc. will scale down accordingly?  I have looked at the Geometry
Manger but that doesn't seem to let me select more than one object at a
time.

2) How can I export data from a text field to a text file on, say, a floppy
disk?  I have successfully used 'put field 1 into URL "file:test.txt"' to
put the contents of field 1 into test.txt in the current folder, but I can't
seem to get it to create or modify a file in any other location.  I'm
developing this in Mac OSX, but this export function will mainly be used on
Windows PCs, if that's relevant.

Many thanks in advance.

Robin
--