(no subject)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 04:11:01 EDT 2002

Hi Jerry,

If you have the table entered in Excel or AppleWorks
or another spreadsheet, you could always export the
data using "Save as" in "Text (tab-delimited)" format.
Then you can simply
  put URL "file:<path-to-the-file>" into theData

Now you'll have everything read in a single variable,
where the rows are separated by return and the columns
by tab ; which you can easily display in a field
  put theData into field "tableField"

If you setup that field with tabStops, and show both
the horizontal and vertical grid, you can get a nice
look for displaying the data.

It's also very easy to convert that variable (where
everything is still on several lines) into an array.
  split theData using return and tab

Now you can address any "cell" or "intersection" with
  put theData[<income>,<children>]

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)